Friday, November 05, 2004

a diagnosis

Had one of my irregularly scheduled medical checkups this morning, and received a clean bill of health with one exception: my cholesterol is high, around 280mg. It was under 230 at the previous checkup. The MD said it was genetics, but I'm puzzled how I could lose 10 pounds while gaining that much cholesterol. We had a little side conversation about dietary supplements, and I found out something I didn't know, to wit, Human Growth Hormone must be injected, not ingested, to be effective. If you take it orally, your digestion breaks it down into amino acids. I don't take HGH. I asked his opinion of what I do take, a combination of Alpha Lipoic Acid and Acetyl-L-carnitine, and he basically told me that there wasn't enough data to conclude how effective this regimen is in slowing down aging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home