Wednesday, November 03, 2004

postmortem

I had the slight satisfaction, if you can call it that, of writing to Rev. Byron Williams, a commentator who's featured in workingforchange.com, about his prediction of a landslide. Perhaps he'll buck the trend set by Molly Ivins & Pete O'Neal and actually respond to my email, who knows. In hindsight, I suppose I should have seen this coming. I must have been relying too much on newly registered, young voters to make a difference in the outcome. Kerry's strategy of attacking Iraq policy still seems correct to me, but the solution he proposed of holding summits was rather weak, a near admission that he doesn't have answers but he's hoping someone else has a good plan.

Locally, California passed the initiative on stem-cell research, and elsewhere, Colorado elected a Hispanic senator. Otherwise, I'm not thrilled with yesterday's election results.

( late Addendum: Rev. Williams did respond to me. We disagree about inaccurate predictions diminishing one's credentials as a critic, but it was a nice note.)

((final addendum: I just realized Ralph Nader hasn't conceded yet. Maybe there's some hope left.))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home